This is a new short-term Fund to support local communities affected by the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
To respond quickly to the emergency, the Fund has created a streamlined application and payment process to make it easier to get funds distributed quickly. If your application is successful the Fund will provide a single payment award of £500 to organisations who are supporting vulnerable groups. The programme is set up to support organisational need in this time of crisis rather than fund specific projects.
Who can apply
It will prioritise organisations:
- whose need for services has been disrupted – for example a food bank whose stocks are running low and need an immediate donation to enable the food bank to restock.
- require to put in place new services – for example charities setting up a new home service for the elderly who usually attend a monthly lunch club or a charity needing to set up a telephone service to support beneficiaries.
- Increased demand – a holiday hunger club needs more resources due to schools closing, or a children’s centre needs an additional temporary staff member.
Applications are welcomed from a wide range of organisations including:
- voluntary/community organisations, CICs and registered charities
- schools and health bodies,
- parish/town councils, community councils, local authorities and social housing organisations.
- other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible.
Organisations welcome to apply include:
- Women’s refuges
- Food banks
- Homeless charities
- Charities supporting the elderly
- Charities supporting children’s activities
- To ensure that funds are available to as many groups as possible only apply once for funding in your local area.
- Priority will be given to local organisations.
- Awards will be made on a weekly basis over the next few months.
For more information and to apply please visit the Tesco Bags of Help website
Closing Date: TBC